About Us/Who We Are/Our Purpose
WTZQ – the Q stands for Q-munity!
Hyper-Local: Henderson County and Western North Carolina is like no other place in America, so its radio shouldn’t sound like every other place in America. When you listen to WTZQ, you’re hearing what this unique community sounds like.
Serve your community and your community will serve you. WTZQ’s music is a unique mix of adult standards and classics, nostalgia and oldies along with more current “ear friendly” music that you can still sing-a-long to. In other words… we still play the good stuff.
The music is important, but it’s community service that sets us apart.
WTZQ partners with dozens of area non-profits annually to highlight the work they do and help them with fundraising and volunteer efforts.
- Local Focus – a bi-weekly morning program that gives air time specifically to area non-profits
- Tails In Town — annual day long fund raising event for area animal shelters
- GET PUMPED! – annual event where we gather volunteers to pump gas at local gas stations to raise awareness and funds for the Hope Chest for Women as they serve women suffering from breast and gynecological cancers
- United Way Moment – weekly program that highlights our local United Way and it’s programs and funded partners
- WTZQ partners as media sponsors for dozens of non-profit fundraisers and programs annually
WTZQ is all over town! You’ll find WTZQ broadcasting live from annual events like the NC Apple Festival, Garden Jubilee, Tails In Town and it’s weekly Friday morning Downtown LIVE show from Jongo Java Coffee Shop on main street in Hendersonville.
WTZQ staff are active members of the community – owners and staff members lend their time, talents and energy as local non-profit board members, civic club members and local government officials.