Bearfootin’ Art Walk Auction Goes Virtual
Bidding to take place online through October 24
Let the bidding begin! Twenty Bearfootin’ Art Walk bears have adorned Main Street for the last five months, each serving as a unique and colorful attraction to visitors and residents. Now, the time nears for these four-legged masterpieces to find their forever homes.
The 18th annual Bearfootin’ Art Walk Auction is taking place virtually this year in order to ensure the health and safety of the community. All bidding is being conducted through the virtual auction website through October 24. Spectators are invited to tune in to Downtown Hendersonville’s Facebook page on October 24 at 5:30 p.m. for a live virtual production to receive final bids and announce winners.
In the overall sense, the tradition is unchanged. Proceeds from each bear at the auction will benefit a designated local nonprofit. Half of the proceeds up to $3,000 will go towards Friends of Downtown Hendersonville to sustain the event and support the overall Downtown Program. Any amount above the $3,000 split will go to the designated nonprofit (in other words, a maximum of $1,500 per bear will go towards Friends of Downtown).
“The auction is off to an exciting start! Watching the bids roll in is encouraging. We know fundraising is important this year for all the nonprofits who are benefiting,” said Downtown Events Coordinator Meredith Friedheim. Half of the 20 bears already have starting bids, and the current highest bid is $2,200 for a bear named Thea, which will benefit United Way of Henderson County.
The auction raised $57,400 in 2019, up from $47,200 in 2018.
Bidding is easy!
- Navigate to the event page, select your favorite bear, and click “Bid Now”.
- For your first bid, you will be asked to register with your name, phone number, email address, and credit card information.
- Submit your desired bid amount. All bears start at $1,500 and bidding increments are $100. Bidders can also choose to “Buy Now” at $7,500.
- You will receive confirmation via text or email for your first bid. If another bidder outbids you, you will receive immediate notification with an opportunity to submit a higher bid.
- All bidding closes at 7 p.m. on October 24. If you have the winning bid, you will be notified. Payment is accepted via cash, check, or credit card using the event website (with a 2.95% charge).
Stay tuned to downtownhendersonville.org for additional information on the 2020 Bearfootin’ Art Walk Auction!
ABOUT THE FRIENDS OF DOWNTOWN HENDERSONVILLE
The Friends of Downtown Hendersonville exist to identify, preserve, and enhance the key factors that contribute to the authentic small-town urban character of historic downtown Hendersonville. Organizational projects are identified, assessed, and prioritized based on their contribution to and potential to enhance and support a vibrant entrepreneurial environment and the livability of downtown.