May 23 - June 25
June 15 @ 6:00 pm
The Summer Concert Series with Daniel Sage and Friends – to benefit Safelight – at The Flat Rock Playhouse DowntownJune 23 @ 8:00 pm - 10:00 pm
- Minutes show conflicting numbers on HHS cost projections May 24, 2018It’s no surprise that Henderson County commissioners and School Board members are not on the same page when it comes to the cost of the new Hendersonville High School and what’s included in the $52.6 million price the county has authorized. Both boards have heard different numbers at different times, according to minutes of their […]
- Pricetag gap reignites furor over HHS May 24, 2018The latest flashpoint in a contentious three-year path to a Hendersonville High School replacement has revived calls for a renovation plan instead of new construction and spilled over into the general election campaign for the seat held by the chairman of Board of Commissioners.
- Latino advocacy groups protest recent ICE arrests May 23, 2018
- Stop the Parkway group 'very disappointed' in city position May 23, 2018
- Don't miss this week's Hendersonville Lightning May 23, 2018You won't want to miss this week’s Hendersonville Lightning.
- Jeter Mountain Road man charged after high-speed chase May 23, 2018Henderson County sheriff’s deputies charged a 21-year-old Jeter Mountain Road man with two felonies and several other counts after a chase along Brevard Road that looped in and out of Transylvania County at speeds up to 75 mph.
- Deal Cut on Medicare Rates May 24, 2018RALEIGH -- State Treasurer Dale R. Folwell, CPA and the State Health Plan announced that they have completed negotiations with UnitedHealthcare for 2019 rates to provide Medicare-eligible retirees with Group Medicare Advantage Plans.
- Western Trails Damaged May 21, 2018RALEIGH -- Two trails at Grandfather Mountain State Park in Avery, Watauga, and Caldwell counties are closed to visitors due to damage sustained from heavy rains May 17-20, according to the N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation. The park received 11 inches of rain in four days and more rain is in the forecast throughout […]
- DOT Approves Airport Grants May 18, 2018RALEIGH -- The N.C. Board of Transportation has approved state and federal funds for much-needed improvements to 19 North Carolina airports. The $10.2 million in funding will be used to provide improvements such as better lighting, longer runways and repairs to hangars and terminal buildings.
- Governor Proclaims Seat Belt Awareness Month May 7, 2018RALEIGH -- Governor Roy Cooper has proclaimed May as Seat Belt Safety Awareness Month to stress the importance of buckling up in both the front and backs seats when riding in a motor vehicle.
- May 24, 1883: Brooklyn Bridge opens May 24, 2018After 14 years and 27 deaths while being constructed, the Brooklyn Bridge over the East River is opened, connecting the great cities of New York and Brooklyn for the first time in history. Thousands of residents of Brooklyn and Manhattan Island turned out to witness the dedication ceremony, which was presided over by President Chester […]