March 13 - April 11
March 25 - April 25
March 30 - April 30
March 30 - April 30
April 1 - 8
April 3 @ 8:00 am - April 18 @ 5:00 pm
- 'It's absolute hunker-down time' as Covid peak nears April 7, 2020Henderson County commissioners, emergency management and public health leaders and county administrators answered Covid-19 questions in a live stream on Tuesday. Here’s the Q&A. Commissioners Rebecca McCall and Bill Lapsley, County Manager Steve Wyatt, Public Health Director Steve Smith, Emergency Services Director Jimmy Brissie and Advent Health CEO Jimm Bunch answered questions the public had […]
- Legislative leaders, NCPA issue statement on electronic meetings April 7, 2020Senate leader Phil Berger and the North Carolina Press Association have issued a joint statement on how local government bodies can continue to meet under a statewide emergency order that requires social distancing and bans assemblies of more than 10 people.
- Execs take pay cut, workers put on flex schedules as Pardee's revenue drops April 6, 2020Facing reduced patient revenue despite unprecedented activity in response to Covid-19, Pardee UNC Health Care is reducing pay for top executives and putting front-line workers on a schedule that will flex with demand.
- Cases are climbing 'because we've been looking,' public health director says April 6, 2020Public health officials and a top infectious disease doctor fielded questions on Monday about providers' coronavirus response, one day after the health department confirmed 23 new Covid-19 cases at an assisted living center in Hendersonville.
- Man gets prison time for second-degree murder April 6, 2020A Ridgecrest man was sentenced to more than 23 years in prison after he pleaded guilty to second-degree murder and multiple drug trafficking felonies, District Attorney Greg Newman announced.
- County confirms 23 covid-19 cases at assisted living center April 5, 2020The Henderson County Department of Public Health said Sunday that it had confirmed 23 positive cases of COVID-19 linked to residents and staff at Cherry Springs Village, an assisted living community on Clear Creek Road.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Somali pirates hijack Maersk Alabama ship April 1, 2020Pirates had not captured a ship sailing under the American flag since the 1820s until April 8, 2009, when the MV Maersk Alabama was hijacked off the coast of Somalia. The high-profile incident drew worldwide attention to the problem of piracy, commonly believed to be a thing of the past, in the ...
- 18-year-old Ryan White, national symbol of the AIDS crisis, dies March 30, 2020On April 8, 1990, 18-year-old Ryan White dies of pneumonia, due to having contracted AIDS from a blood transfusion. He had been given six months to live in December of 1984 but defied expectations and lived for five more years, during which time his story helped educate the public and dispel ...