October 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - January 1, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
November 25 @ 8:00 am - December 13 @ 10:00 am
December 14 @ 7:00 pm - 9:00 pm
March 1, 2020
- Dennis Justice seeks House Dct. 117 seat December 11, 2019Dennis Justice has run for the Henderson County School Board, Board of Commissioners and state Senate. Now he’s running for an open state House.
- BRCC receives $200,000 grant for high-tech ed December 11, 2019Blue Ridge Community College has received a $200,000 investment from Duke Energy and Piedmont Natural Gas to connect students with hands-on training and career development opportunities, BRCC officials announced.
- Dana man charged with drug trafficking December 11, 2019The Henderson County Sheriff’s Office Crime Suppression Unit charged a 37-year-old Dana man with three drug felonies after a search of his home 140 Toone Town Terrace on Tuesday.
- BRIEFS: ArtScape artists, downtown luminaries, donations for veterans December 11, 2019Read news about ArtScape, donations for veterans, downtown luminaries Saturday night, call for Bounty of Bethlehem volunteers and Blue Ridge Ringers concert.
- Jury convicts three of first-degree murder December 11, 2019BREVARD — A Transylvania County jury found three men guilty of first degree murder in the bloody stabbing death of an 18-year-old man who was found lying on a Brevard Street, District Attorney Greg Newman announced.
- Plans advance for Dairi-O on Upward, new Chick-Fil-A December 11, 2019Plans for a newcomer serving burgers, hot dogs and ice cream and a southside location of the popular Chick-Fil-A restaurant are advancing toward development approval.
- Smart Start Looks for New Leader December 11, 2019RALEIGH -- The North Carolina Partnership for Children (NCPC), the lead organization for the Smart Start network, has launched a national search for the next leader of Smart Start.
- Conservancy Makes Controlled Burn Plans December 11, 2019WILMINGTON – The Nature Conservancy announced the 2020 controlled burning season, crediting the Orton Foundation for its support of the work.
- Education Task Force Created December 11, 2019RALEIGH -- Governor Roy Cooper announced Executive Order No. 113 that establishes a Task Force focused on matters of equity and inclusion in education. The Governor highlighted the Executive Order at the DRIVE Summit: Developing a Representative and Inclusive Vision for Education, co-hosted by the Office of the Governor, the North Carolina Business Committee on […]
- NCDOT Launches Watch For Me NC December 9, 2019RALEIGH -- North Carolina communities interested in participating in the 2020 Watch for Me NC safety program may now submit applications to the N.C. Department of Transportation.
- Kenya declares independence from Britain August 8, 2019On December 12, 1963, Kenya declares its independence from Britain. The East African nation is freed from its colonial oppressors, but its struggle for democracy is far from over. A decade before, in 1952, a rebellion known the Mau Mau Uprising had shaken the British colony. Not only did the ...
- Da Vinci notebook sells for over $5M December 12, 2018On December 12, 1980, American oil tycoon Armand Hammer pays $5,126,000 at auction for a notebook containing writings by the legendary artist Leonardo da Vinci. The manuscript, written around 1508, was one of some 30 similar books da Vinci produced during his lifetime on a variety of subjects. It ...