August 19 - October 13
September 29 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
October 8 @ 8:00 am - October 10 @ 5:00 pm
- Edneyville's Staton is named county's top beginning teacher September 24, 2021Described as an emerging rock star in teaching, Haley S. Staton, an exceptional children teacher at Edneyville Elementary School, is Henderson County Public Schools’ nominee for the 2022 North Carolina Center for the Advancement of Teaching Beginning Teacher of the Year recognition.
- Mural design announced for Main Street-Seventh Avenue connection September 23, 2021Three mural designs and two artists have been selected to install a sidewalk mural on Fifth Avenue and Maple Street, building connections between the Main Street and the Historic Seventh Avenue District in downtown Hendersonville.
- Council OKs $9.7 million parking deck downtown September 22, 2021An idea in the discussion stages for decades is coming to pass in Hendersonville.
- Town of Fletcher hosts Family Festival Saturday September 21, 2021FLETCHER — The town of Fletcher will host the annual Fletcher Family Festival on Saturday, Sept. 25, with a celebration featuring inflatables, touch-a-truck, music by Bobby Cool and the Nashville Players, food trucks, and more.
- Citing Covid spike, foundation calls off Oct. 13 luncheon September 21, 2021Community Foundation of Henderson County announced Tuesday that it has canceled the in-person annual luncheon that had been scheduled for Oct. 13 at Jeter Mountain Farm.
- LIGHTNING PHOTOS: Girl Scouts make message of peace at City Hall September 21, 2021Visitors to City Hall will be met with a message of peace in the form of 1,000 paper cranes.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Bill of Rights passes Congress March 3, 2010The first Congress of the United States approves 12 amendments to the U.S. Constitution, and sends them to the states for ratification. The amendments, known as the Bill of Rights, were designed to protect the basic rights of U.S. citizens, guaranteeing the freedom of speech, press, assembly, and ...
- IRA officially disarms February 9, 2010Two months after announcing its intention to disarm, the Irish Republican Army (IRA) gives up its weapons in front of independent weapons inspectors. The decommissioning of the group's substantial arsenal took place in secret locations in the Republic of Ireland. One Protestant and one Catholic ...