March 30 - June 26
March 31 - June 30
April 1 - 30
April 7 - 18
April 7 - May 8
April 9 - 16
- Timeline of District Attorney Newman case April 9, 2021July 5, 2013: Gov. Pat McCrory appoints Newman, an attorney in private practice and former mayor of Hendersonville, as district attorney.
- Repair of Kanuga Lake Road is under way April 8, 2021Eleven months after a big rainstorm caused a section of Kanuga Lake Road to collapse, a repair job is under way that should lead to the reopening of the road later this month.
- Don't miss this week's Hendersonville Lightning April 8, 2021Don’t miss this week’s Hendersonville Lightning.
- Blue Ridge expanding fire coverage in Flat Rock April 8, 2021FLAT ROCK — Flat Rock residents will see quicker emergency response times when Blue Ridge Fire & Rescue completes an addition to house a full-time crew.
- Cider, Wine & Dine weekend returns April 15-18 April 7, 2021After a year’s hiatus due to the pandemic, Hendersonville’s Cider, Wine & Dine Weekend, a four-day event that welcomes visitors to drink, eat and celebrate the area’s wine and cider scene, is returning April 15-18.
- Newman faces removal over handling of child sexual abuse case April 6, 2021Less than a year after he was sworn into office as district attorney for Henderson, Polk and Transylvania counties, Greg Newman received word of a child sexual assault case that sounded horrific.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Revolutionary leader Emiliano Zapata assassinated in Mexico July 20, 2010Emiliano Zapata, a leader of peasants and indigenous people during the Mexican Revolution, is ambushed and shot to death in Morelos by government forces. Born a peasant in 1879, Zapata was forced into the Mexican army in 1908 following his attempt to recover village lands taken over by a rancher. ...
- Bataan Death March begins March 3, 2010The day after the surrender of the main Philippine island of Luzon to the Japanese, the 75,000 Filipino and American troops captured on the Bataan Peninsula begin a forced march to a prison camp near Cabanatuan. During this infamous trek, known as the “Bataan Death March,” the prisoners were forced ...