January 6 - March 1
January 11 - March 31
January 13 - February 10
January 25 - February 14
February 16 @ 5:00 pm - 6:30 pm
- Sheriff honors NHHS student for response to car crash February 3, 2023When a head-on collision on Terry’s Gap Road on Dec. 8 resulted in the death of a North Henderson High School student and grave injuries to two other teenagers, a North classmate did not hesitate to rescue two other survivors.
- Alleged drug trafficker jailed on $500,000 bond February 3, 2023A 45-year-old alleged drug trafficker faces numerous felony charges after a Henderson County Sheriff’s Office SWAT team executed a search warrant at 414 Harris St. on Wednesday.
- Mainstage shows, Music on the Rock, Black Box highlight Playhouse season February 2, 2023
- Developers seek OK for new homes in Carriage Park, Mills River February 2, 2023
- Landowners seek OK for lodge and club on Cabin Creek Road February 1, 2023GREEN RIVER — A landowner who dropped plans for a 20-room inn amid intense neighborhood opposition last March has filed a new application to permit a lodge and private club on a 4½-acre site in a wooded area off Cabin Creek Road.
- Voting opens in youth club's MLK Jr. art contest February 1, 2023Voting is now open in UScellular’s first annual Black History Month Art Contest in partnership with the Boys & Girls Club of Henderson County.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Lunik 9 soft-lands on lunar surface July 21, 2010On February 3, 1966, the Soviet Union accomplishes the first controlled landing on the moon, when the unmanned spacecraft Lunik 9 touches down on the Ocean of Storms. After its soft landing, the circular capsule opened like a flower, deploying its antennas, and began transmitting photographs and ...
- Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and “The Big Bopper” die in a plane crash March 3, 2010Rising American rock stars Buddy Holly, Ritchie Valens and J.P. “The Big Bopper” Richardson are killed when their chartered Beechcraft Bonanza plane crashes in Iowa a few minutes after takeoff from Mason City on a flight headed for Moorhead, Minnesota. Investigators blamed the crash on bad weather ...