August 19 - October 13
September 17 - 19
September 29 @ 2:00 pm - 7:00 pm
October 8 @ 8:00 am - October 10 @ 5:00 pm
- Bandits to fly over stadium for HHS homecoming September 18, 2021Jim Kilpatrick brought his Bandit team flyover to Main Street for the first time last year because of a local connection.
- Flat Rock retiree takes aerial thrill ride September 18, 2021Marilou Reed has always had a fascination with small planes. So when the Bandit Flight Team made a dramatic flyover last year above her Kenmure home, she decided, “I want to go with them.”
- School system reports Covid clusters at two high schools September 18, 2021
- Sheriff's office won't charge Cawthorn for having knife at School Board meeting September 16, 2021The Henderson County Sheriff's Office issued a statement Thursday afternoon saying it was made aware of allegations that U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn had taken a knife into a Henderson County School Board meeting and that at its discretion had declined to bring a criminal misdemeanor charge.
- CAWTHWATCH: Cawthorn takes anti-mask road show across the state September 16, 2021U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn tonight is expanding his tour of school boards to oppose masks, quarantine and critical race theory, traveling to the Piedmont to appear at the Johnston County School Board meeting. More on the trip across the state in a minute.
- LIGHTNING EDITORIAL: Commissioners abdicate leadership on Covid September 16, 2021The immense gulf between conventional public health guidance to combat the spread of the coronavirus and the view of a vocal minority opposing masks and vaccinations has been displayed in dramatic fashion at meetings of the Henderson County Board of Commissioners and the School Board these past three months.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Michael Chabon’s Pulitzer Prize-winning novel debuts May 9, 2011Michael Chabon's third novel The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier & Clay is published on September 19, 2000. It went on to win the Pulitzer Prize for fiction the following year. Chabon, who was born in Washington, D.C., in 1963, graduated from the University of Pittsburgh and earned a ...
- Unabomber manifesto published February 9, 2010On September 19, 1995, a manifesto by the Unabomber, an anti-technology terrorist, is published by The New York Times and Washington Post in the hope that someone will recognize the person who, for 17 years, had been sending homemade bombs through the mail that had killed and maimed innocent ...