December 6, 2018 - February 23, 2019
January 21 - 25
January 21 @ 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
January 21 @ 10:00 am - 1:00 pm
January 26 @ 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm
February 25 - March 2
- New stage company competes for patrons, performers January 19, 2019Jimmy Ferraro’s first paid singing gig was in a Long Island nightclub, accompanied by his parents. He was 16.
- Starring food and design, rooftop restaurant worth the wait January 18, 2019The new Shine restaurant earns a lot of superlatives.
- Entegra to merge with Knoxville-based Smartbank January 17, 2019SmartFinancial Inc., the parent company of SmartBank, and Entegra Financial Corp., the parent company of Entegra Bank, have signed a merger agreement under which Entegra will combine with SmartFinancial in a strategic merger of equals.
- Edneyville's Griffin named WNC fire chief of the year January 17, 2019
- LIGHTNING EDITORIAL: What to watch in 2019 January 17, 2019Elections in the cities, development in downtown Hendersonville, the next steps in the pursuit of high-speed internet service, the new sheriff’s policy changes and popular uprisings against road improvements and development highlight the forecast for 2019.
- Mills River man charged with abuse of Doberman pincer January 17, 2019Henderson County sheriff's deputies charged a Mills River man with cruelty animals after they found a malnourished Doberman pincer at his home.
- State Launches GEN-X Research January 17, 2019WILMINGTON -- The North Carolina Department of Health and Human Services is surveying people living near Chemours’ Fayetteville Works Facility about their concerns related to GenX and other per- and polyfluoroalkyl substances (PFAS).
- RDU Airport Sets Records January 17, 2019MORRISVILLE -- Raleigh-Durham International Airport’s passenger traffic hit new heights in 2018, as 12.8 million people departed or arrived through the airport during the calendar year – a 9.7% increase over the 11.7 million record set during calendar year 2017.
- Officials Issue Radon Advice January 15, 2019RALEIGH -- As families button up their homes to guard against winter’s chill it is an ideal time to make plans to test for radon, the odorless, colorless gas that is our nation’s second leading cause of lung cancer.
- UNC-CH Expands C-STEP January 11, 2019RALEIGH -- The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is expanding its partnership with the state’s community colleges, bringing its signature Carolina Student Transfer Excellence Program to Guilford Technical Community College and Central Piedmont Community College, and launching a new component, Pathways to STEM Success, to support students entering the STEM workforce.
- Fleetwood Mac reunite to play “Don’t Stop” at Bill Clinton’s first Inaugural gala April 1, 2010On this day in 1993, the band Fleetwood Mac reunites to perform at the recently elected U.S. President Bill Clinton’s first inaugural gala. Fleetwood Mac had faced much intra-band squabbling since their 1970s heyday, why they released one of the biggest albums of all time—Rumours—and a string of ...
- Wilkes claims portion of Antarctica for U.S. February 9, 2010During an exploring expedition, Captain Charles Wilkes sights the coast of eastern Antarctica and claims it for the United States. Wilkes’ group had set out in 1838, sailing around South America to the South Pacific and then to Antarctica, where they explored a 1,500-mile stretch of the eastern ...