March 25 - May 31
April 21 @ 8:00 am - May 31 @ 5:00 pm
May 6 - 31
May 15 - June 21
May 20 - 29
May 25 - June 30
- County's covid death toll third highest in state, mortality rate highest May 28, 2020The latest covid-19 update for Henderson County shows a larger percentage of cases outside long-term care facilities than had previously been the trend. State reporting shows Henderson County with the third highest number of deaths in the state among 100 counties.
- Gyms sue Cooper for right to open May 28, 2020RALEIGH — Health clubs, gyms, spas, and karate studios have joined to file a lawsuit against Gov. Roy Cooper’s executive order keeping their businesses closed during the covid-19 outbreak.
- Hendersonville welcomes new City Clerk May 28, 2020Angela Reece, a former sheriff's office dispatcher, probation officer and, for the past five years, town clerk in Black Mountain, has been hired as Hendersonville’s new City Clerk.
- Senators grill NCDOT on overspending May 28, 2020RALEIGH — The state Department of Transportation defended its overspending and planned reforms to a skeptical Senate Transportation Committee on Wednesday, May 27.
- Hikers rejoice! Sandburg trails reopen on Monday May 27, 2020FLAT ROCK — The Carl Sandburg Home will reopen park trails, most of the grounds and parking lots beginning Monday.
- Dwayne Durham named N.C. Athletic Trainer of the Year May 27, 2020Pardee Sports Medicine Director Dwayne Durham has been honored as the 2020 North Carolina High School Athletic Association’s Elton Hawley Athletic Trainer of the Year.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Wisconsin enters the Union July 20, 2010Following approval of statehood by the territory’s citizens, Wisconsin enters the Union as the 30th state. In 1634, French explorer Jean Nicolet landed at Green Bay, becoming the first European to visit the lake-heavy northern region that would later become Wisconsin. In 1763, at the conclusion of ...
- Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay reach Everest summit November 24, 2009At 11:30 a.m. on May 29, 1953, Edmund Hillary of New Zealand and Tenzing Norgay, a Sherpa of Nepal, become the first explorers to reach the summit of Mount Everest, which at 29,035 feet above sea level is the highest point on earth. The two, part of a British expedition, made their final assault on […]