January 28 - March 31
February 1 - 26
February 2 - March 12
February 4 - March 1
February 16 - March 5
- Laurel Park becomes first local government to offer paid family leave February 22, 2021LAUREL PARK — Local government employees in North Carolina are entitled to take up to 12 weeks off for a family emergency or to take care of a newborn but no local government in Henderson County had offered employees paid leave.
- Man in standoff with the law closes stretch of Willow Road February 22, 2021Sheriff's deputies' involvement with a suspect barricaded in a home caused law officers to close Willow Road in the area of Moore Street west of the Valley Hill Fire & Rescue.
- Kindergarten signup starts Tuesday February 22, 2021The Henderson County school system is accepting enrollment for kindergarten for the 2021-22 school year starting Tuesday.
- WHHS senior is named high school journalist of the year February 22, 2021West Henderson High School senior Sarah Monoson has been named the 2021 Rachel Rivers-Coffey North Carolina High School Journalist of the Year, the North Carolina Scholastic Media Association announced.
- Senate candidates have different takes on Burr's impeachment vote February 22, 2021As N.C. Republicans grappled with how to respond to Sen. Richard Burr’s surprise vote to convict former President Trump, the leading GOP prospects for Burr’s seat in 2022 had starkly different reactions, with sharp differences in tone.
- Hendersonville man charged with indecent liberties February 22, 2021A 63-year-old Hendersonville man who had worked as a school crossing guard in the city was charged with a felony count of indecent liberties with a child in December for alleged offenses over a four-year-period with a child under 16, arrest records show.
- Updated Coronavirus Information & Election Info March 12, 2020Election returns from the State Board of Elections https://er.ncsbe.gov/?election_dt=11/03/2020&county_id=0&office=FED&contest=0 Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Zimmermann Telegram presented to U.S. ambassador March 3, 2010During World War I, British authorities give Walter H. Page, the U.S. ambassador to Britain, a copy of the “Zimmermann Telegram,” a coded message from Arthur Zimmermann, the German foreign secretary, to Count Johann von Bernstorff, the German ambassador to Mexico. In the telegram, intercepted and ...
- Supreme Court defends right to satirize public figures February 9, 2010The U.S. Supreme Court votes 8-0 to overturn the $200,000 settlement awarded to the Reverend Jerry Falwell for his emotional distress at being parodied in Hustler, a pornographic magazine. In 1983, Hustler ran a piece parodying Falwell’s first sexual experience as a drunken, incestuous, childhood ...