January 28 - March 31
February 1 - 26
February 2 - March 12
February 4 - March 1
February 16 - March 5
- Teachers to get shots this weekend February 24, 2021Henderson County schoolteachers and support staff will get Covid-19 vaccinations this weekend thanks to the efforts by two providers set aside enough doses for educators.
- Cooper eases restrictions on bars, theaters, stadiums February 24, 2021Citing improving numbers on new cases and hospitalizations and an uptick in vaccine distribution, Gov. Roy Cooper announced a new executive order on Wednesday that increases in capacity for indoor arenas and outdoor stadiums, allows bars to reopen inside and lifts a modified stay-home order.
- Don't miss this week's Hendersonville Lightning February 24, 2021Don’t miss this week’s Hendersonville Lightning.
- LOCAL BRIEFS: DAR essay winners, help for pet owners, Francee Sherman Award February 24, 2021
- State may delay city elections until 2022 February 24, 2021RALEIGH — With new U.S. Census data not expected until September, the State Board of Elections is recommending moving all of this year’s municipal elections to 2022.
- Laurel Park becomes first local government to offer paid family leave February 22, 2021LAUREL PARK — Local government employees in North Carolina are entitled to take up to 12 weeks off for a family emergency or to take care of a newborn but no local government in Henderson County had offered employees paid leave.
- Updated Coronavirus Information & Election Info March 12, 2020Election returns from the State Board of Elections https://er.ncsbe.gov/?election_dt=11/03/2020&county_id=0&office=FED&contest=0 Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Mass graves discovered in Hue June 27, 2019Allied troops who had recaptured the imperial capital of Hue from the North Vietnamese during the Tet Offensive discover the first mass graves in Hue. It was discovered that communist troops who had held the city for 25 days had massacred about 2,800 civilians whom they had identified as ...
- U.S. troops recapture Philippine island of Corregidor June 27, 2019On February 26, an ammunition dump on the Philippine island of Corregidor is blown up by a remnant of the Japanese garrison, causing more American casualties on the eve of U.S. victory there. In May 1942, Corregidor, a small rock island at the mouth of Manila Bay, remained one of the last Allied ...