- Underground Bakery reopens after extensive renovation July 28, 2021Underground Baking Co is reopening for the first time since spring of 2020 with a fresh new look and feel.
- Education Foundation welcomes four new board members July 27, 2021Four new members have joined Board of Directors of the Henderson County Education Foundation.
- Blakely to run for Fletcher mayor as Whiteside bows out July 27, 2021Preston Blakely, who won a seat on the Fletcher Town Council two years ago at age 25, filed to run for mayor on Monday as incumbent Rod Whiteside confirmed he is retiring from the job after one term.
- Edwards says poll validates need to end emergency jobless benefits July 27, 2021Nearly 2 million Americans have turned down jobs because the unemployment benefits are too lucrative — a poll finding Republican leaders cite as they push a bill to curtail emergency pandemic benefits.
- Tuxedo to celebrate Homer Levi's 100th birthday on Saturday July 26, 2021James Homer Levi, who dropped out of school in the sixth grade to work at Mondamin Dairy milking cows and deliver ice and milk to Lake Summit residents, recalls that it was a 14-mile walk around the lake.
- Community Foundation announces $187,600 worth of grants July 26, 2021The Community Foundation of Henderson County has awarded $182,600 from their Community Grants cycle to nine area organizations and projects in recent weeks, the foundation announced.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Hillary Clinton accepts Democratic nomination for president, becoming first woman to lead a major U.S. political party July 21, 202195 years after women were first granted the right to vote, on July 28, 2016, former Secretary of State, Senator and First Lady Hillary Rodham Clinton makes history by accepting the Democratic Party's nomination for president, becoming the first woman to lead a major U.S. political party. The ...
- One of the worst earthquakes in modern history destroys Chinese city March 4, 2010At 3:42 a.m., an earthquake measuring between 7.8 and 8.2 magnitude on the Richter scale flattens Tangshan, a Chinese industrial city with a population of about one million people. As almost everyone was asleep in their beds, instead of outside in the relative safety of the streets, the quake was ...