May 25 - August 31
June 17 @ 8:00 am - September 15 @ 5:00 pm
July 8 - October 30
- Moe Davis and others oppose 287G, county partnership with ICE August 4, 2020Moe Davis, Democratic candidate for the 11th congressional district, and four other individuals spoke to oppose Henderson County's involvement with ICE and the 287G program during public comment at the meeting of the Henderson County Board of Commissioners Monday.
- Off-duty police dog bites neighbor August 4, 2020A Hendersonville police dog got away from its handler, ran into a neighbor's yard and bit a 68-year-old resident on Sunday afternoon, the city said in a news release.
- Pardee set to borrow $14.5 million for parking, repairs August 3, 2020The Henderson County Board of Commissioners moved Monday to allow the borrowing of up to $14,500,000 for the benefit of county-owned Margaret R. Pardee Memorial Hospital.
- Daniel Andreotta takes place on Commisioners' District 2 seat August 3, 2020Daniel Andreotta was sworn into a seat on the Henderson County Board of Commisioners Monday, four days after the county Republican Party's executive committee sent the nomination to the elected board. He took his place as the District 2 representative during the board's regular meeting, filling the seat left vacant by the passing of Charlie […]
- County, Free Clinics recognized for substance abuse program at jail August 3, 2020Henderson County's partnership with The Free Clinics to address substance abuse among jail inmates has received a 2020 Local Government Federal Credit Union Excellence in Innovation Award from the North Carolina Association of County Commissioners.
- Stuck Middle: Zooming through the pandemic August 2, 2020Hmm. I can remember not that long ago when zoom, apart from its fundamental speed-related meaning, meant to fool or mislead someone colloquially, as in who is zooming whom?
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Divers recover U.S.S. Monitor turret August 5, 2010On August 5, 2002, the rusty iron gun turret of the U.S.S. Monitor broke from the water and into the daylight for the first time in 140 years. The ironclad warship was raised from the floor of the Atlantic, where it had rested since it went down in a storm off Cape Hatteras, North Carolina, […]
- Ronald Reagan fires 11,359 air-traffic controllers February 9, 2010On August 5, 1981, President Ronald Reagan begins firing 11,359 air-traffic controllers striking in violation of his order for them to return to work. The executive action, regarded as extreme by many, significantly slowed air travel for months. Two days earlier, on August 3, almost 13,000 ...