March 30 - June 26
May 14 - June 30
June 11 - 28
June 24 @ 11:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Senate budget includes $1.5 million for addiction rehab center June 22, 2021State Sen. Chuck Edwards announced that weeks of budget work have now resulted in a plan that addresses the core needs of the state.
- Here are anti-vaxxer rants YouTube removed June 22, 2021During a June 16 meeting of the Henderson County Board of Commissioners, anti-vaccination speakers called Covid-19 shots dangerous and implored commissioners not to spend money promoting them.
- Friends, family and fellow soldiers remember Tony Case June 21, 2021Friends, family and fellow soldiers celebrated the life of Tony Case during a memorial service Saturday at his alma mater, East Henderson High School.
- Senate to roll out $3 billion capital spending plan June 21, 2021RALEIGH — State Senate leaders will propose spending $3 billion over the next two years on capital and infrastructure projects. That money is part of a larger 10-year, $12 billion “cash” plan tied to the Senate’s budget.
- Community celebrates Juneteenth with folk tales and food June 20, 2021Around 25 people listened to Ronnie Pepper dramatize an African-Caribbean fable about Anansi and the Snake Saturday while others enjoyed pork barbecue, barbecued chicken and hot dog plates in the first Juneteenth celebration since the historic freedom from slavery remembrance became a national holiday.
- Claudette packs 1-2 inches of rain; NWS issues flood warning June 19, 2021The National Weather Service issued a flash flood watch for the area for a 24-hour period starting at 8 o'clock Saturday night as tropical storm Claudette churned northeast from Alabama.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Zong slave ship trial June 10, 2020Hearing arguments in the case of the Zong, a slave ship, the Chief Justice of the King’s Bench in London states that a massacre of enslaved African “was the same as if Horses had been thrown over board” on June 22, 1783. The crew of the Zong had thrown at least 142 captive Africans into […]
- Notorious Boston mobster Whitey Bulger is arrested July 18, 2011On June 22, 2011, after 16 years on the run from law enforcement, James “Whitey” Bulger, a violent Boston mob boss wanted for 19 murders, is arrested in Santa Monica, California. The 81-year-old Bulger, one of the FBI’s “Ten Most Wanted” fugitives, was arrested with his longtime companion, ...