October 18 @ 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm
October 20 @ 7:00 am - 12:00 pm
October 31 @ 4:10 am - 7:50 pm
November 3 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- NCDOT presents revised Kanuga plan Oct. 30 October 18, 2018N.C. Department of Transportation officials have revised plans for a proposed project on a Henderson County corridor in order to reduce the impact from original plans while still reducing congestion and improving safety.
- Senator questions county native's experience in Senate Judiciary Committee hearing October 18, 2018Alison Jones Rushing, the 36-year-old East Flat Rock native nominated for a seat on the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals, faced questions about her relative lack of experience when she sat for a confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Wednesday.
- ZONING BOARD DENIES PERMIT FOR DRUG TREATMENT FACILITY October 17, 2018
- LOCAL BRIEFS: Honoring Etheredge, Train Tales, tractor pull October 17, 2018
- LIGHTNING EDITORIAL: A glimmer of hope for HHS October 17, 2018After too many communications breakdowns and political squabbles to count, the Henderson County School Board is off to a promising start on the Hendersonville High School construction.
- TSA to open Pre✓ center at Asheville Regional Airport October 17, 2018
- HPU Survey: Majority Celebrating Halloween October 17, 2018HIGH POINT -- A High Point University Poll finds that 63 percent of North Carolinians will be celebrating Halloween this year while 36 percent will not be celebrating. These findings are similar to a 2015 HPU Poll, when 65 percent of North Carolinians said they would be celebrating Halloween.
- Plans Underway for WInston-Salem Road Project October 17, 2018WINSTON-SALEM -- The N.C. Department of Transportation announced that the 1.2-mile section of Business 40 between Peters Creek Parkway and U.S. 52. will close on Sunday, Nov. 11, at 8 a.m.
- State Launches New Trail Site October 16, 2018RALEIGH -- The N.C. Division of Parks and Recreation announced the launch of the N.C. Trails website. The website is a hub for the N.C. Trails Program and offers quick and easy access to information on state trails and trails in state parks as well as guidance for funding, creating and maintaining a trail.
- Awareness Urged For School Bus Safety October 16, 2018CHARLOTTE -- October 21-27, is National School Bus Safety Week. The National Association for Pupil Transportation estimates that 25 million students ride school buses every school day and this week serves as a reminder for students, parents, teachers and the community to keep school bus safety in the forefront before and after school.
- Minority Enterprise Recognized October 15, 2018RALEIGH-- In conjunction with Minority Enterprise Development (MED) Week which kicked-off meetings to promote the awareness and development of minority and women-owned businesses in North Carolina, Governor Roy Cooper signed a proclamation declaring October 2018 as Minority Enterprise Development Month.
- Operation Stop Arm Underway October 15, 2018RALEIGH -- While many schools across the state have been in operation for more than two months, the State Highway Patrol is taking proactive steps to ensure school bus safety is not overlooked.
- The Watergate Scandal: A Timeline October 9, 2018January 1969Richard Nixon is inaugurated as the 37 President of the United States. February 1971Richard Nixon orders the installation of a secret taping system that records all conversations in the Oval Office, his Executive Office Building office, and his Camp David office and on selected ...
- 2017 Las Vegas Shooting October 1, 2018On this day in 2017, a gunman opened fire on a crowd attending the final night of a country music festival in Las Vegas, killing 58 people and injuring more than 800. Although the shooting only lasted 10 minutes, the death and injury tolls made this massacre the deadliest mass shooting in U.S. ...