October 26 @ 8:00 am - December 10 @ 5:00 pm
- Don't miss this week's Hendersonville Lightning October 27, 2021Don’t miss this week’s Hendersonville Lightning.
- Ashley Hornsby Welch comes home for Breast Cancer Awareness October 26, 2021District Attorney Ashley Hornsby Welch traveled to Henderson County this week to add her signature to those of other cancer survivors on a pink-wrapped squad car.
- Hendersonville again tops list of best places to retire October 26, 2021Hendersonville once again topped a list of the best places to retire.
- CawthWatch: Rolling Stone sources name Meadows, Cawthorn as Jan. 6 planners October 25, 2021An article published by Rolling Stone casts the immediate past and the current congressman from Western North Carolina as key players in planning the Jan. 6 attack on the U.S. Capitol.
- Proposed redistricting map changes House District 113 October 25, 2021A redistricting map released Friday by the chair of the House Redistricting Committee would remove Transylvania County from House District 113 and replace it with western Rutherford County.
- VOTER GUIDE: Mills River Town Council October 25, 2021Mills River has contested elections for the District 1 and District 2 Town Council seats. The District 3 seat will be filled by former council member Shanon Gonce, who chose not to seek re-election four years ago after serving three terms.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Statue of Liberty dedicated February 9, 2010The Statue of Liberty, a gift of friendship from the people of France to the people of the United States, is dedicated in New York Harbor by President Grover Cleveland. Originally known as “Liberty Enlightening the World,” the statue was proposed by the French historian Edouard de Laboulaye to ...
- Congress enforces Prohibition February 9, 2010Congress passes the Volstead Act over President Woodrow Wilson’s veto. The Volstead Act provided for the enforcement of the 18th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, also known as the Prohibition Amendment. The movement for the prohibition of alcohol began in the early 19th century, when Americans ...