January 8 - 16
January 11 - 26
January 12 - 29
January 13 - 31
January 18 @ 8:00 am - January 24 @ 5:00 pm
- Problems slow rollout of Covid vaccine across state January 15, 2021In the four weeks since a Charlotte doctor became the first in the state to receive a shot of Covid-19 vaccine, federal officials have shipped nearly 1 million doses of the drugs to North Carolina hospitals, long-term care facilities and public health officials.
- City names new police chief January 15, 2021Hendersonville City Manager John Connet announced his selection for Hendersonville’s Chief of Police Friday morning.
- Law officers capture man after standoff January 15, 2021Henderson County sheriff's deputies and U.S. marshals captured a 45-year-old Terry's Gap Road man Thursday night after he tried to flee from the home where he had barricaded himself.
- Grymes joins Dogwood Trust to promote affordable housing January 14, 2021Sarah Grymes, an experienced housing development expert with a strong financial background, joined Dogwood Health Trust last week as vice president of Impact for Housing.
- Although county lowers eligible age to 65, vaccine appointments are on hold January 14, 2021All individuals 65 and older are now eligible to receive a Covid-19 vaccination in Henderson County, although the county does not currently enough vaccines on hand to cover the expanded eligibility group.
- City identifies victim of retaining wall collapse January 14, 2021
- Updated Coronavirus Information & Election Info March 12, 2020Election returns from the State Board of Elections https://er.ncsbe.gov/?election_dt=11/03/2020&county_id=0&office=FED&contest=0 Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Groundbreaking novel "Don Quixote" is published September 16, 2019On January 16, 1605, Miguel de Cervantes' El ingenioso hidalgo Don Quixote de la Mancha, better known as Don Quixote, is published. The book is considered by many to be the first modern novel as well as one of the greatest novels of all time. The protagonist is a minor noble, Alonso Quixano, whose ...
- Shah flees Iran July 21, 2010Faced with an army mutiny and violent demonstrations against his rule, Mohammad Reza Shah Pahlavi, the leader of Iran since 1941, is forced to flee the country. Fourteen days later, the Ayatollah Ruhollah Khomeini, the spiritual leader of the Islamic revolution, returned after 15 years of exile and ...