July 15 - October 21
October 8 @ 8:00 am - October 10 @ 5:00 pm
- Child dies in house fire August 3, 2021A young child died in a house fire early this morning at 215 Gull Avenue in East Flat Rock.
- Here's how schools will operate in-person and virtually this year August 3, 2021The big news Monday was that the Henderson County School Board voted to make masks optional in schools for students and staff. Behind that is a lot of detail about how the school year will work, including virtual school options. Here's the information from the school system.
- School Board makes masks optional August 2, 2021The Henderson County School Board voted 5-2 on Monday to make masks optional for students, teachers and staff this school year, pleasing the majority of parents that packed the board meeting room and implored the system to "unmask our kids."
- Motorcyclist dies in parkway crash August 2, 2021A 38-year-old motorcyclist died of injuries suffered in a crash on the Blue Ridge Parkway on Saturday, the National Park Service reported.
- Commissioners eye sewer service in Edneyville August 2, 2021Henderson County commissioners will consider spending as much as $62 million on a broad plan to provide sewer service in the Edneyville or as little as $2.2 million to replace a failing septic system that serves Edneyville Elementary School.
- Security seized Glock Cawthorn inadvertently stowed in carry-on July 30, 2021Airport security officers at Asheville Regional Airport detected and seized a 9-mm Glock pistol from U.S. Rep. Madison Cawthorn as he was going through security before a flight in February, the congressman's office confirmed.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Dayton, Ohio shooting becomes second mass shooting in 24-hour period August 3, 2020A mass shooting takes place early in the morning in Dayton, Ohio on August 4, 2019. The killing of nine people and the injuries of 27 was significant in its own right, but this mass shooting was particularly notable for being America’s second in less than 24 hours. Just one day before, a shooter ...
- U.S. and Mexico sign the Mexican Farm Labor Agreement October 7, 2019On August 4, 1942, the United States and Mexico sign the Mexican Farm Labor Agreement, creating what is known as the "Bracero Program." The program, which lasted until 1964, was the largest guest-worker program in U.S. history. Throughout its existence, the Bracero Program benefited both farmers ...