October 26 - November 30
November 11 - December 19
November 11 - December 3
November 12 - 30
November 17, 2020 @ 8:00 am - January 3, 2021 @ 5:00 pm
November 18 - December 1
November 18 - December 18
November 20 - December 18
December 3 @ 2:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Waterfall Keepers aim to celebrate and protect wondrous cascades November 26, 2020Waterfalls do so much for the people of North Carolina: They provide stunning views, harbor specialized ecosystems, boost the tourism economies of mountain communities and soothe troubled minds.
- Season of Giving celebrates nonprofits, volunteers November 26, 2020For this year’s Season of Giving, our annual salute to nonprofits and the volunteers who make them run, we asked the organizations’ leaders how they’ve managed in the coronavirus pandemic.
- Lightning arrives in homes today November 25, 2020Happy Thanksgiving!
- New segment links Bearwallow, Wildcat Rock trails November 24, 2020A new two-mile section of trail that opened Monday in the Hickory Nut Gorge creates a link between two popular trails—the Bearwallow Mountain Trail and the Wildcat Rock Trail.
- Park service proposes additional access to Graveyard Fields November 24, 2020The National Park Service is partnering with the U.S. Forest Service on a project to provide additional access to the Graveyard Fields trail system from John Rock Overlook at Milepost 419.4 on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Currently access to Graveyard Fields is from a single parking area on the Blue Ridge Parkway which often sees […]
- UPDATE: 12-year-old charged in shooting of classmate at middle school November 24, 2020A 13-year-old boy detained in connection with the shooting of a classmate on Tuesday morning was charged with felony assault with a deadly weapon and bringing a weapon into Hendersonville Middle School, Hendersonville police said around 5:30 p.m.
- Updated Coronavirus Information & Election Info March 12, 2020Election returns from the State Board of Elections https://er.ncsbe.gov/?election_dt=11/03/2020&county_id=0&office=FED&contest=0 Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Archaeologists enter tomb of King Tut February 9, 2010In Egypt’s Valley of the Kings, British archaeologists Howard Carter and Lord Carnarvon become the first souls to enter King Tutankhamen’s tomb in more than 3,000 years. Tutankhamen’s sealed burial chambers were miraculously intact, and inside was a collection of several thousand priceless objects, ...
- FDR establishes modern Thanksgiving holiday November 24, 2009President Franklin D. Roosevelt signs a bill officially establishing the fourth Thursday in November as Thanksgiving Day. The tradition of celebrating the holiday on Thursday dates back to the early history of the Plymouth and Massachusetts Bay colonies, when post-harvest holidays were celebrated ...