October 17, 2019 @ 8:00 am - January 1, 2020 @ 5:00 pm
October 21 @ 8:00 am - November 25 @ 5:00 pm
November 15 @ 8:00 am - November 24 @ 5:00 pm
November 15 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm
November 16 @ 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm
November 30 @ 8:00 am - 2:00 pm
December 6 @ 7:30 pm - 9:00 pm
March 1, 2020
- Bearcat Nation to commemorate 1937 gym on Saturday November 14, 2019When the city of Hendersonville sought a WPA grant in 1935 to build a gym at Hendersonville High School, the federal application asked how the city planned to build its new facility if it didn’t get the money.
- High school actors win awards at theater conference November 14, 2019Actors at four Henderson County high schools are celebrating their honors at the 2019 NCTC High School Play Festival Nov. 8-9 in Greensboro. Together, the schools’ theater departments brought home 18 awards and a Superior rating.
- Outgoing Village Council majority remains in favor of road project November 14, 2019FLAT ROCK — Ginger Brown's swan song as a member of the Flat Rock Village Council, delivered in absentia, was a last stand defense of the Highland Lake Road project, a declaration that the project that drove a rancorous months-long election campaign would result in a visually pleasing and safer entry into the village.
- Deadline nears for farmers to apply for disaster aid November 14, 2019Henderson County farmers who suffered crop losses in the flooding and record rainfall last year have until Nov. 20 to apply for disaster assistance.
- Study takes a look at possible Oklawaha Greenway extensions November 13, 2019Wetlands, sewer easements, parkland and other property that could not be used for homes or businesses are among the potential paths for 15 miles of new greenway in Henderson County, a new study says.
- Rick Wood announces retirement from School Board November 13, 2019Since the law does not require them, Rick Wood is imposing term limits on himself.
- NC Purchases 35 Acres for Bird Island Reserve November 11, 2019MOREHEAD CITY—North Carolina recently purchased 35 acres in Sunset Beach which will be added to the Bird Island Coastal Reserve.
- Carolina Gas Prices Fluctuate November 11, 2019RALEIGH— Gas prices are on a slight rise in the Carolinas, but AAA Carolinas Spokesperson Tiffany Wright says pump prices should decrease in time for the holiday travel season.
- NCDHHS Finds Mental Health Integration Improvements November 11, 2019RALEIGH—An annual report finds significant progress in the Transition to Community Living Initiative (TCLI) which helps North Carolinians with mental illnesses find housing and services in their communities.
- Apollo 12 lifts off February 9, 2010Apollo 12, the second manned mission to the surface of the moon, is launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida, with astronauts Charles Conrad, Jr.; Richard F. Gordon, Jr.; and Alan L. Bean aboard. President Richard Nixon viewed the liftoff from Pad A at Cape Canaveral. He was the first president to ...
- Herman Melville publishes “Moby-Dick” November 24, 2009Moby-Dick is now considered a great classic of American literature and contains one of the most famous opening lines in fiction: “Call me Ishmael.” Initially, though, the book about Captain Ahab and his quest to catch a giant white whale was a flop. Its author, Herman Melville was born in New York ...