March 30 - June 26
March 31 - June 30
April 1 - 30
April 7 - 18
April 7 - May 8
April 9 - 16
- Company's application reports no objection to railbanking so far April 10, 2021Bradon J. Smith, a Chicago-based attorney, paid a $4,600 fee via pay.gov and formally launched the process on Wednesday that barring unexpected roadblocks should lead to federal regulators' approval of Blue Ridge Southern Railroad's request to railbank the 19-mile Hendersonville-to-Brevard corridor for the Ecusta Trail.
- Wildlife workshops include fly fishing, tracking, salamanders April 10, 2021PISGAH FOREST — The Pisgah Center for Wildlife Education has announced the April class schedule. The workshops will be hosted outside and led by N.C. Wildlife Resources Commission staff.
- Timeline of District Attorney Newman case April 9, 2021July 5, 2013: Gov. Pat McCrory appoints Newman, an attorney in private practice and former mayor of Hendersonville, as district attorney.
- Repair of Kanuga Lake Road is under way April 8, 2021Eleven months after a big rainstorm caused a section of Kanuga Lake Road to collapse, a repair job is under way that should lead to the reopening of the road later this month.
- Don't miss this week's Hendersonville Lightning April 8, 2021Don’t miss this week’s Hendersonville Lightning.
- Blue Ridge expanding fire coverage in Flat Rock April 8, 2021FLAT ROCK — Flat Rock residents will see quicker emergency response times when Blue Ridge Fire & Rescue completes an addition to house a full-time crew.
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- Barack Obama and Raúl Castro meet in Panama November 12, 2019For the first time in over 50 years, the presidents of the United States and Cuba meet on April 11, 2015. Barack Obama and Raúl Castro, President of Cuba and brother of Fidel Castro, with whom the United States broke off diplomatic contact in 1961, shook hands and expressed a willingness to put one ...
- Ugandan dictator Idi Amin overthrown February 9, 2010On April 11, 1979, Ugandan dictator Idi Amin flees the Ugandan capital of Kampala as Tanzanian troops and forces of the Uganda National Liberation Front close in. Two days later, Kampala fell and a coalition government of former exiles took power. Amin, chief of the Ugandan army and air force from ...