January 6 - February 1
January 10 @ 8:00 am - December 21 @ 5:00 pm
Pardee UNC Health Care Offers Statement to the Community on the Current COVID Surge and Impact on Patient CareJanuary 11 - 31
January 24 - March 9
- Legislature likely to move primary to June 7 January 18, 2022The state Legislature will vote this week to delay the 2022 primary elections until June 7. The move was first reported by Carolina Journal over the MLK holiday weekend.
- Ecusta Trail work day volunteers exult in 'making the dream' January 18, 2022Volunteers who came out Saturday for the first-ever Ecusta Trail work day expressed a common refrain when they described what inspired them to give their time. Whatever they can do to speed up the trail’s opening, they said, they will.
- Citing hazardous roads, city, county announce they'll be closed Tuesday January 17, 2022Citing hazardous road conditions and overnight lows that will create black ice, both the city of Hendersonville and Henderson County announced that government offices will be closed on Tuesday.
- Power is back on throughout county January 17, 2022Duke Energy crews restored power to more than 250,000 customers after winter storm Izzy moved through Carolinas on Sunday, the utility reported. The total number of power outages was a third of the three quarters of a million homes and businesses that Duke projected could lose power in the snow and ice storm. By daybreak […]
- LIGHTNING PHOTOS: My snow day January 16, 2022Roads are all but impassable here in Flat Rock so all I could do was walk with my assistant Callie (pictured) seven-tenths of a mile down Claremont Drive to Greenville Highway and back to make this report.
- Do not call 911 with these questions January 16, 2022
- Updated Coronavirus Information March 12, 2020Updated coronavirus information from state health officials. https://www.ncdhhs.gov/divisions/public-health/coronavirus-disease-2019-covid-19-response-north-carolina Updated coronavirus information from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html Updated coronavirus information from Johns Hopkins https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html
- MLB owners approve interleague play November 30, 2021On January 18, 1996, Major League Baseball owners unanimously approve interleague play for the 1997 season. The owners' vote, which called for each team to play 15 or 16 interleague games, breaks a 126-year tradition of teams only playing games within their league during the regular season. In ...
- “Mandy” is Barry Manilow’s first #1 pop hit April 1, 2010Barry Manilow’s scores his first #1 single with “Mandy” on January 18, 1975. He would go on to sell more than 75 millions records over the course of his career. At the height of Barry Manilow’s popularity, none other than Frank Sinatra himself said of Manilow, “He’s next.” Yet even in his heyday, ...