2022 Half-Season Auditions and Tech Interviews
*** Roles for 18+ Only ****** Tech Positions for 16+ ****Auditions – Sister Amnesia’s Nunsense Jamboreeand The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling BeeTech Interviews – Sister Amnesia’s Nunsense Jamboree,Red White and Tunaand The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling BeeAudition Location – Main Stage Auditorium, 226 South Washington Street, Hendersonville
Saturday, January 8, 2022 10 am – 1:30 pmSunday, January 9, 2022 1:30 pm – 4:30 pm
We are looking for local actors, singers, dancers and those interested in working behind the scenes! No experience is necessary to audition/interview. Here are a few tips to help you understand our audition process:
- Auditions and Interviews (for those interested in working behind the scenes) are held over two days, and you may choose either day to audition. Please sign up for a time slot here. (If you are unable to sign up ahead of time, we will work you in between appointments, but you may be a longer wait time.)*
- You will also need to fill out audition form here
- Got a monologue and a song? Great! But if you don’t, no worries. We will provide a selection of short scenes for you to choose from and a simple song to sing (like Happy Birthday).
- If you have a song, please prepare 16 bars of music and bring your sheet music to the audition in the key in which you will be singing. We will provide an accompanist. No one may sing along to a CD or other recording.
- Interested in working behind the scenes? Just fill out the audition form with your relevant theatre experience and come in and meet the team! (Please note that we are only interviewing for tech positions on Red, White and Tuna.)
- For more information, please visit our website!
We encourage performers of all races and ethnicities, gender identities, sexualities, and abilities to audition.
Show Dates:Sister Amnesia’s Nunsense Jamboree April 22-May 8Red, White and Tuna June 17-July 3The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee July 22-August 7
*Due to the recent uptick in COVID cases, we will be limited the number of people inside the theatre. After arrival and check-in, you will be asked to wait in your vehicle or outside until you receive a text message that you next in line to audition. Please bring a mask to wear until you are actually on the stage for your audition. (If you arrive without a mask, you will be provided one.)